Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Canada and Switzerland and language

 I couldn't quickly figure out what the French language issue was actually about.

Canada has two official languages. Bilingualism is a must on all government documents. In parts of Quebec people refuse to speak anything but Quebecois. Therefore any packaged goods are bilingual. It's about labels on trade products.

Switzerland's population voted against joining the EU. It has four official languages and does most of its trades in English based on trade agreements.

Telling another country not to be multilingual...?

Please don't insult politicians, but I'm running out of sighs.

2 comments:

  1. Part of the anti-woke agenda to be imposed on the world. My way or no way. Well, people are choosing no way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Codex
      The Swiss made themselves immune to interference while maintaining good relationships with everyone.

      Don't think people understand.

      Delete

Review of Elsbeth

 Someone recommended it when I was looking for a comedic episodic show and we ended up watching Elsbeth. Not a show I would have ever watche...