I did a quick AI search on the dangers of pop Psychology and it summarized it pretty well. Here it is:
LLMs (large language models) reflect what they see on the internet. The good news is some of the sources are speaking up. (One of them is the University of Colorado). With increased prevalence from good sources what has been happening may be reversed.
The causation of harm through misinformation.
I'm just writing a brief post on this for now. a few years back a number of books were published on Sociopaths. People started calling everyone a narcissist.
The public was throwing around terms they didn't understand engaging in slander and defamation. It was rampant. Armchair therapy, pseudoscience laymen diagnosing other people.
Terms that people didn't understand were being applied to others. Insulting, because many of these terms described very serious behavioral abnormalities and serious disorders.
I will add to this topic.
The advice for now; don't believe everything you read on the internet.

My father's advice has always been don't believe everything you read and only half of what you see.
ReplyDeleteCodex
DeleteSage advice